Industrial Market Enjoys Recovery Phase of Real Estate Cycle
Chicago's industrial market gained momentum during the second quarter with strong market fundamentals:
- Positive net absorption of 6.6 million
- Vacancy rate improved to 7.7%
- Construction completions total 6 million SF
- 9.8 million SF under construction
Please take a closer look at second quarter industrial market activity which includes charts, graphs and tables highlighting historic market fundamentals, year-to-date figures, significant sale and lease transactions for the overall industrial market as well as a breakdown by submarket. This report has been expanded and now includes the addition of the Southwest Cook submarket.
Download the complete industrial market review.
Office Market Fundamentals Show Year-To-Date Improvement
Suburban office market fundamentals remained solid year-to-date despite flat results in the second quarter:
- Year-to-date net absorption remains positive 130,000 SF
- Vacancy rate relatively unchanged at 18.37%
- Demand continues for class "A" space
The CBD office market improved during the second quarter:
- Positive net absorption of 314,000 SF
- Vacancy rate decreased to 11.85%
- Improved demand for class "B" space
Please take an in depth view of the state of Chicago's office market that includes chart, graphs and tables highlighting historic market fundamentals, year-to-date figures, significant sale and lease transactions for the overall office market as well as a breakdown by submarket.
Download the complete office market review.
For further information regarding the content of these market reviews, please contact:
Kelly Brown DeBouver | Senior Research Manager
630 693 0645
If you are interested in attending a custom market overview presentation, please contact:
John R Picchiotti | Chief Operating Officer, Brokerage
630 691 0608