We're Hiring: Financial Analyst
Appraiser? Financial Analyst? Number cruncher? Ready for a hot new opportunity?!
NAI Hiffman, the largest, privately-held commercial real estate company in the region, is currently seeking a Financial Analyst to join its growing Capital Markets team.
Eligible candidates will have a minimum of two years’ work experience as a financial analyst, appraiser, or accountant. Candidates must be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment while supporting a Senior Transaction professional. Growth opportunities available for motivated employees who want to work hard and go the extra mile for our teams.
The Financial Analyst provides a full-range of analytic and decision support in the preparation of Broker Opinions of Value and Offering Memorandums associated with the disposition of office and retail properties. Work independently or with minimal supervision to provide financial analysis of proposed real estate transactions in supporting a Senior Transaction Professional in the Capital Markets Group. Opportunity to expand the position to include a transaction role.
The Ideal Candidate
- Performs basic financial analysis (Excel & ARGUS Modeling)
- Prepares cash flow scenarios and financial summary packages using approved software
- Demonstrates continual development of modeling skills and competencies, increasing complexity and scope of the position with time in the role (improve and create templates)
- Reads, abstracts and analyzes real estate related documentation including leases, rent rolls and operating statements and incorporates key terms into financial models
- Prepares clear concise summary documentation and spreadsheets that support and explain the basis of the analyses for use in client presentations, proposals and/or reports
- Participates in client meetings with brokers or other professionals to present and discuss their analyses/assumptions
- Assists with the drafting and preparing of Proposals and Offering Memorandums coordinating with administrative support
- Assists with market research including collection and analysis of sale and lease comp data
- Participates in all financial analysis calls and meetings
- Complies with all project and time tracking reporting requirements
- Maintains sale, lease, and investor data bases
- Assists in preparation of quarterly marketing reports
- Obtains and maintains an Illinois Real Estate Broker License
Knowledge and Experience
BA/BS degree preferably in Finance, Accounting, Real Estate or related business areas.
2-3 years of financial analysis experience in commercial real estate sales or appraisal. Office and/or retail experience preferable.
Ability to prepare written and oral presentations as well as communicate accurately, effectively and persuasively in client presentations
Possess a competency in mathematics and a proficiency working with and interpretation of analytic models
Demonstrate attention to detail in analyzing rent rolls, operating statements, and lease documents and efficiently perform basic error free analyses
Possess strong organizational skills
Possess problem solving skills and be a self-starter
Excel mastery and Argus preferred
Competitive salary including a full range of health benefits, paid time off, 401(k), great working environment, and other benefits are available.